Dillner's Accounting Tools > section > Imports
The FCA Express™ import is primarily used for setting up a new company. It may also be used to import specific items into an existing company.
- Select File>Imports>FCA Express.
- Select the desired record types to import.
- Select the desired Source Company.
- Click OK to import.
A "Not Responding" message in the Windows Task Manager does not mean that the program is not working. A dialog box will open when the process is complete. DO NOT end the task or interrupt the import.
- Imports GL Accounts.
- If there are already GL Accounts in the FCA Express™ file that have the same Lookup as accounts in the file being imported, the matching accounts will not be imported.
- Imports all client specific settings, options, column configurations, etc. for all users.
- Imports all Tasks, Text, Separators, and URLs which have been set up in the Task Manager.
- Imports the tax mappings for Drake®, Lacerte®, and UltraTax® for the entity type of the receiving file, if such a mapping exists.
- Mappings to accounts that do not exist in the receiving file will not be included.
- Imports custom values for Account Class and Report Title in Setup>Verbiage.
Edit Accounts and Contacts
- Select Reports>Report List from the menu, locate the Chart of Accounts report and print it for reference. Review the accounts to be sure that the Classification and Type are correct.
- Select Setup>Accounts. Edit accounts as necessary. See Accounts for information about editing the accounts.