The Virtual Office allows you to send secure, encrypted files to your clients.
- Click the Upload to Clients quick tile on the Dashboard or Files>Upload to Clients on the left menu.
- Click Upload new file to Clients.
- Enter the first few characters of the Company or Client's name to choose where you'll be sending the file(s) you are uploading. You may send the file(s) to All Clients by selecting All My Clients from the top of the search list.
- Select Click Here to Search on the right side of the Advanced Search Filter ribbon to search for a company (client) to upload a file to multiple recipients of that company (client).
- Enter the Company name and click the Search button. The employee names/portals for that company will display.
- Hold the Ctrl key to select multiple recipients for the company.
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter a Title for your file.
- Select the desired Category. The Category field will default to General Documents. Click here for instructions to add document categories.
- Select the Department the file is associated with for your client and staff. Click here for more information about Departments.
- Enter optional Notes to Client which will display on the Document download screen of the client's portal. The Client Notes are not included in the notification email sent to the client.
- Email notification options:
- Send email notification from the department selected—An email will be sent to the client from the email address associated with the selected department.
- Send email notification from the logged-in user—An email will be sent to the client from the logged-in user.
- Do not send an email notification—No email notification will be generated. This is selected by default when a file is uploaded to All Clients.
- Select Send BCC to the "From" selected to send a blind carbon copy of the email to the email address associated with the sender specified in the Email Notification options above. This may be selected by default if that setting is checked in the sender's profile.
- Send Follow-up message—You may schedule a reminder sent by the system for you to send a follow-up email if the client has not opened the file within a preselected number of days. Follow-up email notices are not sent automatically. An email will be sent to the sender on the due date to resend the email or delete the reminder. Use the drop-down menu in the Send Follow-up Message field to set the reminder due date. These reminders are placed in the Follow-up Notices which are located under Files on the left menu.
- Include a link to the file in the notice email to the client box may be selected by default if checked within the Office Profile. The email notice will have a link that requires the client to log into the portal and then takes the client directly to the final screen to access the file.
- The Client cannot delete files box may be selected by default if checked in the Office Profile. This prevents the client from deleting an uploaded file that may be needed in the future.
- Select the Backdate upload date to box if desired and choose a date to backdate the upload, to have a document show up in your client's prior year folder.
- Select the Delivery to Client Date to postdate the delivery of the document to your client. There are additional options to select the Time Zone and Time of Delivery for the Postdated files. The email notification will be sent to the client sometime after midnight (Eastern Time) on the delivery date.
Note: Postdating the delivery date will nullify any backdate selected above.
- Select the desired Message Template from the drop-down menu or proceed with the set default of I will create a message. Click here for instructions to set up Message Templates.
- The Message Template selected will prefill in the area below the toolbar. You may also enter your own message to the client.
- Click in the long gray browse box to the file location, select the files you want to upload or drag and drop the desired files into the same gray box. Multiple files (maximum of 100) may be uploaded at one time with the Maximum combined total file size of 1GB. The Filename has a 250-character capacity.
- Click the Continue button to upload the files.
- A confirmation dialog box will open after you have clicked Continue. Click the Print button for a print-friendly page. Click Upload Another File to Same Client to send additional files to your client.
Non-Portal Email Secure Link Upload—Click here for instructions to send a Non-Portal Email Secure Link Upload.
Create/Edit Document Categories—Click here for instructions to Create/Edit Document Categories.
Search for files uploaded to clients
Files can be accessed for all clients within the last 30, 60, or 90 days, all files for all clients, or select a specific client in the Clients field.
You can also filter search results by Client Category, Document Category, Department, Year, Source, and/or Title/Filename.
Click the green Search button to continue.
Customize the Column Display for the Uploaded File List
You can display or hide columns by clicking the funnel icon at the top of the File list and setting your preferences. Click the Apply button to save your preferences. You can sort the information by clicking on the Column Heading sort arrows.
The column breakdown is as follows:
- The Title link will take you to the uploaded files to view and/or download.
- For Clients displays to whom the file was uploaded.
- Source indicates where the file was uploaded from meaning the Files or Conversations module.
- The date the file was accessed will display under Last Accessed.
- Files can be sorted by Category or Department.
- Notes to the client can be displayed.
- The Files column indicates the number of files attached to the upload.
- View the date of the upload using Created (EST Zone).
- D/T will give you the dates and times of the follow-up notices.
- The Delete option provides the ability to delete one or more files from the list.
Send Reminders for Uploaded Files
If your office has not scheduled a Follow-up notice during the process of uploading a file to the client, a red Send Reminder link will display for any files which the client has not downloaded. This will send another file upload email notification to the client.
Article is closed for comments.